Sunday, January 02, 2011

Week 1: Fund Tracking

Today I grocery shopped for the week (and then some).

Total grocery bill was about $37

I used a Trader Joe's gift card worth $25, but still think I should probably pretend I paid cash, and leave myself with $63 remaining for the week. I'm hoping all the cooking I did today two recipes from Real Simple:

Chicken and Broccoli Rabe with Apricots

and

Turkey and Bean Chili
(and Trader Joe's corn bread)


and then a recipe I found online and doctored a bit that uses sweet potatoes and apples (almost dessert-like it's so yummy!)

Apple Sweet Potato Bake Recipe


The only thing I grabbed at the grocery store that was not on my list was gelato. It was on sale for a whole dollar off, and a few spoonfuls of it are all I require to feel like I met my requirement for dessert. I most highly recommend the Key Lime Graham which is OMG so good.


All for now. I'll likely just update this post with more spending if I have it so as not to over-post.

No comments: