I've been told perhaps I should post a few happy things on this neglected blog so as not to scare off the 6 readers I have left.
It's late tonight, so for now I'm going to post a list of things that are currently making me happy, and/or things to post more about later:
- This song makes me happy.
- I'm going to look at an apartment tomorrow in the middle of the day. This is an insane plan for multiple reasons (it requires that I drive to work so I have a car to get to the apartment, then park at home and grab a cab to return to work so that I don't have to drive home from work in the middle of Opening Day traffic). I have no idea if the apartment will be the right fit for me or not, but I'm tired of cursing my ever-shedding roommate every time I walk into the bathroom, and think I should explore other options in an effort to maintain my sanity. That said, if tomorrow's viewing doesn't go well, I won't be too disappointed. But if it feels right, it could be an exciting new step for me.
- Tomorrow is Opening Day! I'd be more excited if the Sox had demonstrated an ability to play the game of baseball so far this season, but I'm still excited and hopeful at the start of the home season.
- I get to see my parents tomorrow. In my city. That's always a treat (usually I have to trek north to see them). :-)
- I'm going swing dancing Saturday night. I've been taking a class. I should write about that sometime - it's been a fun experience.
- A really nice and happy thing happened at work last week. It's a follow-up to a previous post, and it makes me smile a lot to think about. I don't often get to share happy work stories on this blog (or I don't often choose to share them, I guess), so perhaps that will go up here too.
All for now. Hopefully some continued happy thoughts to follow...