Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Opening Day

So for those of you living under a rock (or for those of you who don't follow the Red Sox), today was the home opener. It was an exciting day here in Beantown - everywhere you looked, people were proudly wearing their Sox gear.

Except me. Because though I had been talking about the fact that the home opener was today on-and-off for a week or so, I somehow managed to forget that today was today until after I had dressed and headed off to babysit (I also once again forgot to put on deodorant, but that's unrelated).

Anyway, as a way to celebrate Opening Day, our local J.P. Licks scoop shops offered free cones today. And since we all know how I feel about free cones, you know where I headed after lunch!

And here's the best part. Though I'm currently on a no-sugar eating plan (finishing on SATURDAY - WOOHOO!), the wonderful folks at J.P. Licks actually have a sugar-free soft frozen yogurt (or "fro-yo") that is... dare I say... surprisingly good! I know that sounds hard to believe, but it was quite tasty (though I have to admit to sneaking a few bites of M's oreo ice cream because I don't know what it is about that place and their oreo ice cream but OH MY GOD it is good). Anyway, I got to eat ice cream and I didn't even have to cheat!

For those of you who are wondering, I will most certainly be getting the most fat-and-sugar-filled ice cream for Ben & Jerry's free cone day next Tuesday. Seriously. I've got my priorities straight (plus, do they even make a sugar-free ice cream? I certainly hope not!).

Also, for those of you who enjoy nearly free ice cream as much as the free stuff, this just in:

No comments: