Thursday, July 05, 2007

Parade!!!

So I went down to RI yesterday for the 4th of July. I spent the day with my cousin, her husband, and their 3 boys. The men in the family decided to participate in the Green Hill Annual July 4th Parade, and my cousin and I set up chairs on the lawn and waited for the parade to come by.


My cousin told me that the parade was pretty small - just a boombox and banner at the front, followed by a few bikes, some walking people, and perhaps a wagon or two. Well, apparently the parade grew since they last saw it, because this year it was HUGE. I swear that we must have been the only spectators, because everyone else was in the parade. There were bikes, wagons, cars, trucks, golf carts, John Deere lawnmowers, walkers, and dogs. There were even a few people who threw candy into the "crowd." pretty awesome.

Also awesome are the decorations on the unicycles and bicycle that my cousin's family rode in the parade. They are seriously awesome (both the people and the decorations).


No comments: