Some people celebrate opening day by going to the game.
Some celebrate by watching the game on TV.
Some celebrate by getting free ice cream.
Me? Despite the fact that I work blocks from Fenway, my day was spent:
- Following up with a depressed teenage boy who was just diagnosed with a rare chronic illness
- Meeting with a mother to determine the level of medical noncompliance taking place regarding her teenage daughter's medical regimine
- Facilitating a presentation in Class #1 on the topic of family preservation when dealing with medical noncompliance as a result of religious beliefs.
- Sitting through 2 1/2 hours of 10-minute presentations in Class #2.
- Meeting with my landlord to negotiate rent (she wanted to raise it $500, we didn't) (we won)
I did purchase a pair of Red Sox earrings on my way to work in the morning, though, so all was not lost.