Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Am I on Candid Camera?

All of you have read past posts about dating disasters so you know my track record with online dating isn't the best. Those stories were weird in their own right, but a combination of events from the past few months has brought even more weird to my online dating experience.

This story actually starts 2 years ago when I met a guy I liked, and then things didn't work out. Fast-forward to a few months ago when I wake up to an inbox of new eharmony matches. One of them is "Dan" from Brookline, and I just know before I even open it that it is the same Dan from 2 years back. Indeed it is. I write a silly email to him laughing that we've been paired up, ask if he'd like to catch up over coffee or ice cream sometime, but never hear back, and that's that.

Until yesterday...

...when eharmony paired me up with Dan's roommate.

Seriously, people. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: