Friday, January 18, 2008

Sick Girl, Obsessed

Mostly, being sick sucks. But, it is also a great justification for staying home at night and catching up on television that I haven't seen in a while. I don't have Tivo, but I do have the internet, and it has allowed me the opportunity to catch up on everything from The Daily Show (excuse me, "A Daily Show") to Ugly Betty to 30 Rock and Pushing Daisies.

But really this post is about re-discovering an obsession: After nearly a full year after falling off the fan-wagon due to lack of time in my schedule, I am once again addicted to Lost. I have watched the last 3/4 of Season 3 in the past four nights, and Oh. My.God. that show is good. I am all at once entertained, intrigued, and completely freaked out during every episode.

For those of you who haven't yet gotten hooked or who aren't caught up, there's an 8-minute long catch-up video on the Lost website which sums everything up quite well.

But now I'm completely caught up and still feeling sick and I have a long weekend ahead of me. I can't go baby-visiting like I had planned because I'm sick, and I've got no more Lost to keep me company. Perhaps I'll have to go to my USA back-ups of Monk and Psych to get me through.

Never fear - this couch potato thing can only last this weekend because I refuse to be sick any longer than that and because classes start next week so there's a finite amount of time left before I have to turn my brain back on.

And dating. Dating starts next week too.

Stay tuned...

No comments: