Wednesday, March 28, 2007

100th Post!

I debated a lot about what to write about in my 100th post...

Did I want it to be serious - commenting on the racist and homophobic emails written by an army recruiter? What kind of insane country do we live in where we are in the middle of a war, are in desperate need of recruits, and are STILL telling people who want to serve that they can't because of their sexual orientation!? (And is this woman not the dumbest woman EVER!? Not only can she not spell, but she sent these emails from her own military email account.) Or perhaps I wanted to share the news of San Francisco being the first city to get rid of the "paper or plastic" question.

Did I want to be reflective - about life, about priorities, about school and stress, about how I am letting my match.com subscription run out because it has been such a collosal disappointment, about a great conversation I had with an old friend over the weekend that addressed my fears and frustrations of remaining single forever?

And then my dad sent me this link, and the decision was an easy one. Lighthearted news from my hometown. Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: