Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 30

Today is my parents’ anniversary. Thirty-four years ago they married.


It is also the anniversary of the day my sister joined our family.


I used to joke that I was the only person in our family who didn’t have anything to celebrate on this date, but really nothing could be further from the truth.

Though I was an only child for the first 4 1/2 years of my life, I don’t remember my childhood without my sister in it. She and I had the usual sibling ups and downs over the years, but no matter if we were on opposite sides of the country or opposite sides of the world, we have been there for each other.


And my parents… I can say with confidence that I wouldn’t be here without them (ha ha ha), but I can also say that I wouldn’t be who I am without them. They are kind and thoughtful and smart and funny and compassionate and giving of themselves and I like to think that I’ve learned or inherited many of those qualities from them.


Happy anniversary to my family. I love you.

2 comments:

The Burger said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! To Everyone!

:-)
-R-

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! In my family we celebrate the day I was adopted as "Addie Day!" so today is "Emily Day!" hee hee hee!