Thursday, August 10, 2006

Days 3-6: In Which I Fall in Love with a Puppy Named Gibson

States: CO, CO, CO
Total driving hours: not enough to matter

The name of the game in Colorado was catching up with old friends. To begin, I stayed with two dear friends who are getting married in a month (and who have asked me to officiate) (yes, thanks to the magic of the internet, I can now be called “Reverend”).


These friends have a 6-month-old Bernese Mountain Dog named Gibson who quickly became my new best friend.
I and also managed to catch up with two friends from the days when I lived in Boulder, and a friend from camp. GREAT week full of fun meetings and lots of reminiscing and laughter.

I picked up Sister from DIA on Day 5, and on Day 6, we headed into Boulder so I could show her where I used to live and work and play. Burritos at Illegal Pete’s (though Tim & Jme are right – they’re not as amazing as I remember them, and are no match for Taqueria Cancun) made the Boulder experience complete, and then we returned home for a rousing game of Apples to Apples.

No comments: